Wednesday 1 June 2016

Places I Bin: The Drawing Circus – a second visit

Brighton Fringe Festival
23/05/16
In 2015 I was surprised that it had been 10 years since my last life drawing session.
This time it was 'just' 12 months – at this rate i'll be doing it daily soon!

So instead of last year's charcoal challenge, this time I drew in ink with a stump of bamboo and a wash brush pen thing... less forgiving of slips and mistakes and SO much more fun.

The show was similar to last year (see earlier post) with the same or similar songs sung and poses posed, and it was at least as much fun.

My one caveat is the poses were so short (between 2 minutes and 5 minutes then one slightly longer group tableau) which meant my rusty figurework didn't get much of a workout. It takes a while to get your eye in and see the anatomy properly with a nude – drape the model in diaphanous material, ruffs and jewellery and it just becomes a drawing problem too far for non-regulars lie me...

Below are a small number of the less embarrassing pictures I made.








No comments:

Post a Comment